Being healthy at all times is what everyone desires. So man is always on the lookout for external sources that would help him stay healthy. But the secret of staying healthy is always near to you, one only need to know where to look.
Superfoods have gained a lot of popularity in the recent past by being one of the best ways to preserve your health. Fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds that are much dense in vital nutriments come under the superfood category, and they can supplement your nutritional requirements and help you stay hale and hearty.
Here’s a list of some easy-to-eat superfoods you can find in your kitchen.
- Garlic – A power house of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, copper, iron, calcium, and other essential elements, garlic have numerous health benefits, among which, it is best known for its anti-microbial properties and is immunity boosting properties
- Black beans – Beans are one of the best sources of fiber. Fiber helps the body to absorb nutrients and cleanses the digestive system. The complex carbohydrates in black beans are digested slowly and hence they are a good choice when you need long-lasting energy.
- Turmeric – A good source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, potassium, manganese and such nutrients, turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It is also particularly good for controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is one of the best edible oils. Packed with Vitamin E, it protects the skin from harmful oxygen-free radicals, and is also a good source of Vitamin K which keeps your bones healthy.
- Walnuts – Being an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts help in lowering the risk of Coronary Artery Diseases. Walnuts also contain good amounts of Vitamin E and several B-complex vitamins.
So always remember to include these foods in your daily dirt so that you would always stay in the best of health.