How to lower high blood pressure naturally?
High blood pressure, is a serious health condition that can lead to heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure if not taken proper care. Here are some effective natural home remedies that can help one to decrease high blood pressure
1. Watermelon Seeds
Watermelon seeds are one of the best foods to reduce blood pressure levels and also helps a lot with Arthritis.
- Grind equal quantities of dried watermelon seeds and poppy seeds. Take one teaspoon of this mixture in the morning on an empty stomach and again in the evening.
- Else, add two teaspoons of gently crushed, dried watermelon seeds to one cup of boiled water. Steep it for about an hour, then strain it. Take four tablespoons of this water at regular intervals throughout the day.
2. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are an effective ingredient for lowering high blood pressure due to their high potassium and dietary fibre content. They also are foods that lower blood pressure quickly.
- Boil one to two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water for about two minutes, and then strain it.
- Put the seeds in a blender and mix it into a paste.
- Eat this paste twice a day, once in the morning on an empty stomach and once in the evening. Follow this remedy for two to three months to notice a significant improvement in your blood pressure level.
Both raw and cooked garlic help lower high blood pressure and at the same time reduce cholesterol levels. They are the optimal foods to reduce blood pressure
- Eat one or two crushed garlic cloves daily.
- You can also mix five or six drops of garlic juice in four teaspoons of water and take it twice a day.
Bananas, highly rich in potassium are one fruit that people with high blood pressure can eat regularly to control it. Having one or two bananas daily is recommended.
5. Onion Juice
Onions have also been found to lower your blood pressure due to the presence of an antioxidant flavonol called quercetin.
- Try to eat one medium-sized, raw onion daily.
- You can also mix a one-half teaspoon each of onion juice and honey and can be taken twice a day for one to two weeks.
Honey can reduce pressure from the heart and also has a calming effect on blood vessels, hence it can be helpful in reducing high blood pressure.
- Eat two teaspoons of honey on an empty stomach each morning.
- You can also mix one teaspoon each of honey and ginger juice with two teaspoons of cumin seed powder. Eat twice a day.
Lemons help keep blood vessels soft and pliable and by removing any rigidity, high blood pressure will be reduced.
Simply drink a cup of warm water with the juice from half a lemon added to it each morning on an empty stomach. For best results, do not add salt or sugar.
8. Indian Gooseberry
Apply 2 tablespoons of crushed Indian gooseberry which is also known as amla. Use extracted juice together with 1 tablespoon of honey. Mixed them well and drink one glass every morning on empty stomach. It helps in bringing down the blood pressure levels considerably.
Basically, one can easily control and lower their high blood pressures with these foods without having to move out of their homes. With these foods that lower high blood pressure quickly and effective home remedies, following an Ayurvedic lifestyle comprising of a healthy diet and yoga exercises is advised to prevent and control High blood pressure levels.
A healthy diet and lifestyle is the most important factor for a person’s health, eating the right foods and exercising daily can bring wonders to the health of an individual.